1.06.2013

Random Acts of Cards, Week One!

Hello, and Happy New Year!! The Deeply Rooted house was crazy busy over the holidays, first getting the nasty stomach bug that has been traveling around, then with the holiday family get togethers and parties. Everyone had a great, safe time!
One of my New Years goals this year was to actually USE the cards that I love so much to make. I'm really great about making the cards, but then they tend to sit in a photo box, tucked away in the abyss of my crafting land. The first card I'm sending is one that you've already seen on here, but we're revisiting it for week one of my year-long Random Acts of Cards.



This is Girly Face. I made this card back in August, and I love how she turned out! Here's a recap of the instructions and materials:
"This little Girly Face was sketched onto a dictionary page and cut out. I used Faber Castell gelatos for the cheeks, and I used Faber Castell Artist Big Brush Pens to color the scrap doily hair. Buttons for eyes, scrap papers from My Mind's Eye (Stella Rose) for the backgrounds, paper tape from Recollections for decoration and Thickers letters complete the card. I adhered everything with Mini Glue Dots."


So, week one, done! One of you can expect this cute thing to end up in your mail box in a few days! I have a big list running of recipients for the year, but I have a few spaces I need filled. If you'd like to be added onto my Random Acts of Cards list, let me know! Leave me a comment here with your email address and I'll get in touch with you to get your address.


Until next week, get out there and send those cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment