1.29.2013

An Unconventional Valentines Day Wreath

Hello, my friends! Sickness has stuck the household, but luckily (I think...) it only struck me!! I've been pretty well down for the count for over a week now, but I'm slowly getting back to normal and feeling somewhat human again.
I took some time out today to get into the craft cubby, because I always feel better after a little productive creating! I have a bunch of supplies out and around for my daughters upcoming birthday party, and I was inspired to make a Valentines Day wreath out of extra supplies for her party decorations. They're not your typical pink/red/white color combo, but I really like that!


 This was a super easy project to make. Let me walk you through it!

Supplies:
  • Paper Straws
  • Doily
  • Cardboard for base of wreath
  • Paint
  • Chipboard (or other) sentiment
  • 2" (XXL) Glue Dots®
  • Mini Glue Dots®
Paint the chipboard your desired color. Adhere the doily to the cardboard base, and adhere the sentiment to the doily. Flip piece over. Adhere XXL Glue Dot® to the back of the cardboard circle, and adhere paper straws in a circle.



Isn't that fun!?! It looks great on my front door. Maybe somehow it's presence will convince Mother Nature to keep this crazy warm weather around and forget to bring that next Winter storm!!

Hey, a girl can wish, right??



I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team

No comments:

Post a Comment