1.13.2014

Mom + Me = Love

Here's another page that I did on my scrapbooking weekend last October. Like I said in yesterday's post, I was trying to get a bunch of older pictures finished and onto pages, including these from my daughter's birth.
I came across a sketch from Creating Keepsakes that I followed for this layout. I love the two completely different patterned papers working together here. I've said it [a million] times before, and I'll probably say it [a million times] more: using paper that comes from the same paper pack takes the guesswork out of figuring out what 'goes'. Too matchy-matchy isn't my style, but getting unique papers to coordinate makes a page work!



 Here's a close up of that fabric flower. I love it!! My mother, who totally knows my style, bought a ribbon of these fabric flowers (joined by a mesh-type backing) from Stampin' Up!. I LOVE THEM! I used the Stampin' Write markers and colored it with the brush tip. Completely customizable and pretty!
I've been on a doily kick for quite some time now, stealing them from under cups at restaurants (classy, I know! LOL!), buying any and every style I can get my hands on! I used them on this page for not only visual interest, but journaling spots, as well. I didn't want my journaling to be too bold on the page, so I used a soft colored marker to write in my text.


Whew! Two days of blogging in a row! Someone call a doctor...I might have a fever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment