8.21.2013

Minions and a Staycation!!

Let me begin by saying that I am thoroughly enjoying my staycation!! I took the last three days of this week of to spend with my family - my mom is in town from Ohio - and after looking at the work schedule for Tuesday, I was told I could have Tuesday off, too! Six whole days at home with my family, with the little man's 5th birthday party rounding out the end of the break this coming weekend.  
Bliss. 

We took part of this morning to bring in snacks for little man's Pre-K class. He knew about we were bringing cupcakes, but little did he know that they were minion cupcakes!!

With a little extra time on my hands, you'd think I had a world of time to get my craft on, but alas, life has happened!! Thanks to the hubby and some outside play time for the kids, I got a few hours to make a page. I've been dying to get my hands on some more recent pictures (the old ones will get done eventually, right!?), so I scrapped little man's first eye doctor appointment from this Spring.
I used a lot of Basic Grey papers, and Jillybean Soup and Cosmo Cricket embellishments.

And when you don't have the embellishment you want, make one!

 I sketched an eye on a dictionary page, outlined it with my Scarlet Lime doodle pen, and filled in some opaque colors with my gelatos (Faber-Castell)


I used the reverse of the two Basic Grey papers to add embellishments to look like ribbon. Using the scraps of the papers you're already using is an easy way to add dimension, save scraps, and, best of all (to me!), you know it all coordinates!

I used Glue Dots® (of course) to hold everything down!



Here's hoping I have a few more scrap-breaks before real life begins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment