10.30.2012

Easing into Christmas with Glue Dots!

Ok, ok, I'll admit it.

I've been listening to the Elf soundtrack every day for over a month on my commute to work (and I have an hour and a half commute).

I love Christmas. I'd start decorating right about now if a) my husband would let me, and b) it wouldn't make the kids ask if Santa was coming every single day. There's just such joy, anticipation, excitement and happiness around during the Holiday season that makes me want to start it as soon as possible.

Since it's technically not even Halloween yet, even though the kids went Trick-or-Treating a few days ago, there is no way it would be acceptable for me to dig out any Christmas decorations yet. I'm trying to fill that void, so it's on to making some Christmas cards! I can easily justify starting these early by calling it 'forethought' or 'good planning', even though I know better!
I love making my Christmas cards every year, and I always try to come up with some way to make the cards creative, yet super easy to make en masse. I'm kind of excited for this year's creations! They have the look of a traditional Christmas card, but the twist is that they're made out of felt!

I cut out the card base and ornament, then stitched on both of them. Glue Dots® did a great job of adhering everything together! If you've ever tried to use liquid glue on felt, there's a lot of 'show through', and you'd see the glue on the reverse. Not with Glue Dots®!
All of my words were typed out on my typewriter and adhered with Glue Lines®.



There you go! An easy way to get into the Christmas spirit, even if it's a bit early! If I forget to tell you between now and December 25th,





I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team

No comments:

Post a Comment