1.04.2012

Friendship's Garden Bonus Week - ATC!!

Christmas morning in the Deeply Rooted House
Christmas is over, the tree has been taken out, lights and decorations have come down and things are returning to a normal pace.....wait, right? Things slow down now right?? THEY DON'T?!?
Of course, my life would speed up even more!! Details about my upcoming ventures to come later, but don't you worry your little self. I'll still make time for crafting!!! And speaking of crafting....

It's a bonus week here at Friendship's Garden! Becky has challenged us to come up with ATC's in a vintage kid's theme. How fun!!

First things first, though...what's an ATC?!?!

Why, hello, Google!!

http://painting.about.com/od/paintingforbeginnersfaq/f/ArtTradingCard.htm

OOooook. My first challenge?? The size!! These babies are TINY! I started by cutting out a piece of plain cardstock that was 2.5" x 3.5" to give myself some guidelines.

My second challenge? Vintage kids theme? The other Garden Girls have made fabulous cards in past weeks using a vintage-y theme, but I haven't been able to hit the mark there yet. 
So. Vintage. 

Vintage, vintage, vintage.



{insert light bulb over the head moment here}

DRESS PATTERNS!

I found three or four older dress patterns at a yard sale this past Summer that would work perfectly for this!


I started by fussy cutting (cutting away all of the 'white space') one of the pictures from the front of the packaging.



I cut the fitting measurements from the back of the packaging for my background, and cut a piece of the actual pattern and sewed that onto the top.


I added my girl, a bunch of items cut from the packaging, an old button (threaded, of course), and some baker's twine.



Your turn!! Get your mind into 2.5" x 3.5" mode and show us what you've got!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Make sure to post your projects here.

1 comment:

  1. I love ATCs too! I will always find time to create because it's my relaxation time. ATCs are perfect to squeeze into a crazy schedule. I love your card! All those elements are just perfect:)

    ReplyDelete