11.13.2012

Cards, cards, galore!!

 While it's never fun staying away from family, I made the best of it this last weekend when I was tied up with work about an hour away from the family. I made great progress on my Christmas cards (remember this sneak peek?). I might be crazy, but I really enjoyed typing all of the sentiments on my typewriter instead of printing them on the computer. Adds to the authenticity, I guess!


Now, on to business! I wanted to show you these birthday cards I made for some family friends. His birthday is only a few days before hers, so I wanted to make cards that were unique, but still coordinated. An easy was to do this (and to make card packs that all compliment each other) is to use paper from the same line. Buy one 6x6 paper pack, and mix and match until your heart's content!
I picked up a My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose 6x6 paper pack because I loved how it ranged from masculine to feminine, while each paper still coordinated with the next. I dug through my ribbons, stickers, and fibers for complimentary embellishments, and threw their cards together in no time! It was all, of course, held together with Glue Dots!
Her card

His card
Oh, and as a side note...the hubby said that Christmas decorations could come out this weekend!!! IIiiiiiiiiiii'm dddreaming of a wwwwwwhhhite Cccccchhhhristmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment