3.04.2012

Cowboy

I've always heard that weather this time of year can be crazy, but Friday was taking that to the extreme!! You've probably seen on the news where the storm that passed through Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio last Friday was a whopper, and that's an understatement!
Businesses closed early on Friday afternoon (mine included!), people hurried home to hunker down and brace for whatever was to come. Our family was truly blessed, and even the rain that we experienced was nothing more than a passing storm. Just 4 or 5 miles away, people experienced golf ball to grapefuit sized hail and significant damage, and several tornadoes caused entire cities to be leveled throughout our state.
We are definetely counting ourselves as blessed, and are praying for the families who have been forever changed by this storm.

Cowboy

This is another page from my trip to Mimi's Getaway. I love scrapping with a group, because there's always a toy there that I don't have, and it's a great way to use new products! One of the ladies was nice enough to let me borrow the Paper Doily Sizzlits Die from Stampin' Up!, and they turned out beautifully! I paired the doily die with a masculine print from the Old School line from Pink Paislee. Even with adding a rhinestone brad from Stampin' Up! to the doilies, the page still has a great, masculine look.


Supplies Used:
  • Basic Grey Curio Upholstery
  • Pink Paislee Old School
  • Sizzlits Die Paper Doily
  • Stampin' Up! Rhinestone Brads
  • Stampin' Write Chocolate Chip
  • Making Memories Canvas Letters
  • Twine
  • Assorted Glue Dots

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I see what you mean about that die...glad I got it. ma

    ReplyDelete