8.13.2011

getting ideas from my head onto paper... ...transparently

I have had this page in my head for months. I knew that I had an awesome rub-on that I wanted to use for a 'mastering the stairs' layout (and truth be told, I took this picture specifically with this page in mind!!) This page is super simple to do: it's all in the transparency!! I love using them to add so much depth, detail and interest by simply laying it on your page!! Let me walk you through it.

Main materials:



I used walnut ink to change the coloring of my measuring tape ribbon

I inked the edges of my cardstock and adhered my photo and ribbon using Glue Dots.






The rub-on that I intended for this project talks about having courage and 'the little engine that could'. It was a bit lengthy for the space that I had to use, so I only used the first part of it.
I love how easily this transferred to the transparency!

I switched to using chipboard lettering when I deviated from the original 'climb the hill' text of the rub-on. This image shows the back side of the transparency page. The chipboard letters were also adhered with Glue Dots

The last element I created was the brads to the button as an alternative to threading (and I think we all know how I feel about un-threaded buttons on layouts!!)




Finishing touches from K&Company's Poppy Seed line include the bird and the dimensional flower




Et Viola!
Your turn!! I'd love to see what you can do with a transparency!!





No comments:

Post a Comment